Sadly, there will almost always be family members or friends that have passed on and won’t be present on your big day. Below is a collection of ideas in which you can include those special loved ones in your celebrations. From carrying small pictures on your outfit or bouquet to lighting candles, lanterns and planting seeds in their name, hopefully there is something included to inspire you to honour those people that can’t be with you.
Personally, I carried a bridal bouquet of sweet peas on my Wedding Day as it reminded me of summers spent in my grandads garden. My mother also wore a ring of my grans for the day.
There are many more beautiful and personal ideas on my Pinterest board: Ways to remembering loved ones
1. Personalised Cufflinks
2. Bouquet Charms or Lockets with Pictures
3. Lighting A Candle/Lantern
4. Flowers that Remind you of a Special Person, Family Garden or Event
5. Wreath of Framed Photos in Black and White (to tie them all together)
6. Forget-Me-Not Seed Packets
7. Raise Your Glass and Share A Toast
8. Family Tree Locket
9. Save A Seat